Wednesday 26 April 2017

Zen and the Art of Flying Small God Scammers


So Robert Persig has died. I pulled Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance off the bookshelf yesterday and will read it again, once I've finished re-reading Terry Ptatchett's Small Gods. I remember it with fondness when I last read it, which must be a decade ago.

Yet another flying car has made a test flight.


But, again, I ask myself - who on earth wants to drive a 3 wheeler?

The scammers are active again, so beware. Hayley received a call today purporting to be from BT. A guy with a thick Indian accent, who said he was called John Smith, said there was a problem with our internet and was trying to get her to download something on her computer. He was very threatening and claimed our service would be cut off if she didn’t follow his instructions. Hay knew immediately that it wasn’t BT – their customer service is so crap that it couldn’t possibly be them. Takes you all day to get someone on the phone if you do have a problem - the thought of them phoning you is risible.


No comments: