Sunday 11 February 2018

Mansplaining LinkedIn


Overheard in the car:

Chairman: "It's a bit pointless putting the heating on 28 degrees and having the fan at its lowest setting - it's usual to put the fan on full blast."

Hay: "Are you mansplaining car heaters?"

Talking of cars, I see Starman is driving a left-hand drive Tesla to Mars. Will this set a precedent for driving on the right in space? I'll bet Somerset and Avon police have speed cameras on the route.

Saw a video of The Travelling Wilburys song, End of the Line. Roy Osbison's place was taken by a rocking chair with his guitar on it. I think they need to do a remake with at least another couple of rocking chairs for John Harrison and Tom Petty.


LinkedIn has been giving me gyp. I was being inundated by congratulatory messages on the 2nd anniversary of a job I'm no longer in - I simply hadn't updated LinkedIn for my current position. To stop the messages I updated my profile, but now I'm getting congratulatory messages for the new job, despite having been doing it for over 6 months. Sometimes algorithms can be a pain in the backside.


No comments: