Sunday 5 March 2017

Presidential Twitter


I don't use Twitter, or rather, I haven't used Twitter in a very, very long time. Certainly not in the last 5 or 6 years. I did dabble with it when it was first launched. Despite deleting my account (or so I thought), I keep getting emails from Twitter to resubscribe to my original account. This morning I thought; "Why not?"

Once I'd signed in I wondered what to do next. Some suggestions of people to 'Follow' were presented to me and near the top of the list was Donald Trump. Had a quick scan and thought I'd stumbled into an alternate reality. Page after page of angry rants that look like the ramblings of an unhinged, paranoid psychpath with a narcissistic disorder.


I then found Barak Obama's Twitter feed and had a quick scan of that. What a contrast! Calm, measured, insightful. Obama uses his Twitter feed to inspire an inform; Trump uses his to levy baseless accusations and vent fury. Makes you ponder Trump's suitability for President.

Trump has 24M follower; Obama has 85,3M. That's going to annoy the hell out of Trump...


1 comment:

21 Wits said...

You are spot on! I totally agree with you!