Tuesday 6 March 2012

The Price of Excercise


Hay wants me to do some exercise. Having watched some TV program about 4 minutes of really hard exercise a week on an exercise bike being enough, I thought I'd get one.

Went on eBay and put in a bid on a tatty old exercise bike having some rust, but local. Thought I'd go as high as £10, thinking I was in with a good chance. Well, a bidding frenzy ensued - bloody thing went for £196. The buggers went berserk and paid well over the odds! This is it:


Hay then went on Amazon and got a brand new cross-trainer / exercise bike for £75. 


Which would you rather have? The only problem is that it comes in bits and I have to mantle it first.

Got it wrong yesterday about the 1,000th post. Yesterday was the 1,000th, not today's.

I hear the Scottish government is to hold a competition to name the new Forth crossing. The Fith crossing?


5 comments:

Steve Borthwick said...

CB, sounds like a bargain, but where do you stand on the thorny issue of men's shorts? ... cotton or Lycra?

Your audience demands to know, with photos ;)

Chairman Bill said...

Steve: Given the exercise is performed in private, jocks!

Chairman Bill said...

...and seaboots for extra grip.

Paula RC said...

Just can't wait to see the slimmer, fitter you... Just to excited for words :-)

Chairman Bill said...

Jamara: There's many a slip betwixt Amazon.co.uk and putting foot to pedal....

I know a plethora of ways in which to avoid exercise.